Repurposing pallet boards has become a pretty prominent trend in the DIY world these days, and being the Pinterest maiden that I am, I decided to give it a try. I’m moving into a new apartment next month, and I needed something to hang in my bathroom that can hold my makeup brushes, hair supplies, and jewelry.
In reality you could go buy something similar to this that is way cheaper than buying all the supplies to make it, but for whatever reason I decided that I wanted to get down and dirty with some spray paint and power tools. Plus, doing it yourself allows you to personalize it and show off your untested carpentry skills.
When I finally finished this project I looked at it the same way I would imagine a mother looking at her newborn child. Like, “Hey, I made this. Cool.”
Below are all the supplies I used. All items were found at Hobby Lobby and Joanne’s. Make sure to utilize the frequent sales at both stores for your cheapest options.
1 PALLET BOARD
3 METAL TINS (You could use woven or wood baskets as well.)
FLOWER STEMS/VINES (Real or fake)
2 MASON JARS
PIPE CLAMPS/METAL STRAP (Use these to clamp the Mason Jars to the wood. Can be found at any hardware store.)
1 CABINET KNOB
1 HOOK (I repurposed a neat hand knob found at Hobby Lobby to be a necklace/jewelry hook.)
SMALL HANGING CHALKBOARD
METALLIC SPRAY PAINT
POWER DRILL AND DRIVER
- Sand down the surface and edges of the pallet.
- YOU LITERALLY JUST DRILL ALL OF THE TIN BASKETS AND KNOBS INTO THE WOOD, ITS AWESOME.
- The tricky part was attaching the mason jars. I used some metal strapping (spray painted copper) to wrap around the mason jars, and drill. This part will likely require a second pair of hands.
- Trim flowers to your liking, and place in tin baskets.
- Add the chalkboard hanging, decorated to your liking.